179D Tax Incentive
On the afternoon of Friday, December 18th President Obama signed into law the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015. This Bill includes the extension of the 179D Tax Deduction retroactively for 2015 and all projects placed into service by the end of 2016. As part of the extension, the ASHRAE requirement will be increased from the 2001 to the 2007 standards for any projects placed into service after 12/31/2015. The increase to the ASHRAE requirements will have the most effects on the lighting category. As a result to the increased efficiency standards, working with a experienced team becomes even more critical.
0% Financing Options
Through programs such as Michigan Saves and others around the country, financing for energy projects is a great way to get upgrades going. With interest rates ranging from 0% to 7.5% for financing up to $2,000,000 energy projects can overcome the hurdle of capital budgets. A couple of local special programs include:
- 0% APR on projects up to $75,000
- Standard rates as low as 4.50% up to $250,000
- Terms available up to 36 months
- Eligible on custom and prescriptive projects
- All types of businesses and public sector buildings-including school and municipal-are eligible
- 0% APR on commercial projects up to $50,000 with terms up to 36 months and 2.99% up to $150,000 with terms to 60 months
- Custom and prescriptive gas and electric projects are eligible
- All types of businesses and public sector buildings, including school and municipal, are eligible
Don’t see your utility provider? There are many other programs available! For more information or to talk with someone about financial incentives at your facility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.